Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Dai, Kevin" <yu...@ebay.com> on 2015/03/09 07:15:32 UTC

A strange problem in spark sql join

Hi, guys

I encounter a strange problem as follows:

I joined two tables(which are both parquet files) and then did the groupby. The groupby took 19 hours to finish.

However, when I kill this job twice in the groupby stage. The third try will su

But after I killed this job and run it again. It succeeded and finished in 15mins.

What's wrong with it?

Best Regards,
Kevin.

RE: A strange problem in spark sql join