Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Charles Gregory <cg...@hwcn.org> on 2009/10/30 21:51:04 UTC

Re: [sa] Re: RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> On fre 30 okt 2009 16:39:04 CET, Charles Gregory wrote
>> Once again, I'm finding a piece of spam getting through
>> because of RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED=-4 .....
> what is the ip ?

Don't think it really matters. As I stated in my OP, it looks like
a reputable ISP to which I need merely report the hacked account
and I'm sure they will fix things in a hurry.

The issue I am opening for discussion is whether this is the tip of a
spammer 'iceberg'. The phishing mails are obviosu signs that they consider
it a line of attack to obtain webmail passwords, but does this
represent a signficant impact on the trustworthiness of DNSWL?

- C