Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com> on 2014/06/27 11:49:32 UTC

Add build status to github

Hi,
I propose to add integration w/ travis-ci to automatically run CLI and LIB tests for new commits and pull requests. In this case we will be more confident that the code is healthy and well formatted. Adding more spec tests will make this even more helpful.

We can do the same for the platforms. Adding unit and e2e tests could be very helpful. As an example, here is simple configuration which can test changes  in cordova-windows repo for build using the latest available CLI (platform add, prepare, build)

*         Example usage: https://github.com/vladimir-kotikov/cordova-windows/pull/2

*         Detailed log: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/vladimir-kotikov/cordova-windows/build/1.0.4

Thx!
Sergey

RE: Add build status to github

Posted by "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.
My reasoning is to catch error that we may introduce due to concatenating paths, CRLF endings etc.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Very nice, updated my fork, and I now see tests passing!
Great work Sergey, Mark, and Daniel!

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.
Travis builds are up and running here
https://travis-ci.org/apache/cordova-lib/builds

For AppVeyor there is some problem (might be permissions, details in
INFRA-8066 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8066>).
Sergey, did you have to check some special check boxes on AppVeyor to make
the app public?
I can see full info about your app builds at
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/sgrebnov/cordova-lib/history

​

Re: Add build status to github

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.
Created an INFRA ticket for this

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.
I didn't.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
awesome!

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yes, only INFRA ppl have the privileges on Github to add anything to the repos.

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.
Ok, let's ask here.

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
I will definitely happy to help here if we all agree to proceed with AppVeyor for cordova-lib.  I personally think that for LIB and CLI it is enough to run tests on Travic only. Using two different build configurations (Travis for osx + AppVeyor for windows) could be an overkill.

But I still think that using AppVeyor for a WP8 + Windows8 quick test for incoming pull requests is a good idea. Same with Travis for iOS and Android. The great benefit here in comparison to Medic is that we can quickly run some tests for pull requests.

Thx!
Sergey
Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.
fwiw, I have a draft change [1] to how we run cordova-lib tests, we'd like
to do this, but someone needs to spend the time creating a proper npm
module (and repo?) for it.

With the changes, it's possible to skip tests that can't run, e.g. If your
computer doesn't have vs2013, we could skip (and report skipping!) the
windows tests, but still get coverage of everything else (and be aware
that they were skipped…)

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/51

RE: Add build status to github

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.