Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/26 04:52:42 UTC

JMeter Hangs

Hi,

We are using JMeter 2.2, we have noticed occationaly JMeter hangs in the
last thread.

We looked into the JMeter logs and cant see any errors, also we looked into
the Server logs and cant see any exception.

Can someone let us know what is the cause for this.

Thanks

JMeter Hangs

Posted by Alex Turner <Al...@Project-Network.com>.
Tom,

I get this all the time.  It could well be the application and not JMeter, or it could also be the OS/Network.

If - for example - I kick ten bells out of Apache on Windows, there seems to be a fair chance that either Apache is not closing a socket or that the FIN packet is getting discarded/ignored somewhere (no slight against apache there - after all - it is running on Windows...).  This results in one socket being left open in JMeter.  It will always look like it is the last thread, but in fact it could be any thread as it will always be the last one left running as the socket has hung.

My approach is to run netstat (or whatever other tool you want on your OS) to check the sockets at both ends and see what is up, or ignore the problem, depending on how careful I have to be.

If you are not using sockets etc - then none of the above has any relevance - but it was good typing practice.

Cheers

AJ

Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
www.deployview.com