Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com> on 2015/02/25 21:47:26 UTC

Unit tests in java7 vs java8

Hi,

Anyone running tests on Java 8? I just noticed that they take almost twice
as long to run compared to Java 7 (at least on my box, and with Scala
2.10.4).

Anyone else noticed this? Maybe even did some digging on the causes?

Gwen

Re: Unit tests in java7 vs java8

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
I guess its just my machine then.

Thanks!

Error when submit a patch set which contains a file rename.

Posted by Tong Li <li...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi, I was trying to submit a patch set for review. In this patch set, I
removed one file and created another to replace the removed. However, when
I run kafka-patch-review.py I got an error.

python kafka-patch-review.py -b origin/trunk -j KAFKA-1926
Configuring reviewboard url to https://reviews.apache.org
Updating your remote branches to pull the latest changes
Verifying JIRA connection configurations
ERROR: Error validating diff

core/src/main/scala/kafka/utils/Utils.scala: The file was not found in the
repository. (HTTP 400, API Error 207)
ERROR: reviewboard update failed. Exiting.

I wonder if it is because I do not have enough of permission? the file to
be renamed is clearly there. Any help will be appreciated.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
Total time: 14 mins 57.037 secs

And I'm running with SSD.

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wow, 18 mins?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang

RE: Unit tests in java7 vs java8

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
I am working on the test handing / NPE / failure issues of ConsumerTest
only as part of the consumer rewriting (KAFKA-1910).

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Unit tests in java7 vs java8

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.