Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Matt Timion <ad...@honda-search.com> on 2006/07/21 19:10:35 UTC

Why would a record be in the database but not show up in the results?

Does anyone have an idea why a record would be in the database but not show up in the results?

I have 400+ pages from a certain domain in my database (checked using bin/nutch admin ) yet when I search for the domain, titles to certain pages from the domain, or unique URLs from the domain no results come up.

I was thinking it might be the regex-urlfilter, but if they are already in the database wouldn't that discount the possibility of regex-urlfilter being the culprit?

BTW, all of my urls are fetched by creating fetchlists using FreeFetchlistTool

Re: Why would a record be in the database but not show up in the results?

Posted by Thomas Delnoij <di...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

it's the index that is used for searching, not the webdb.

What is the status of these pages in webdb? Likely they are not
fetched yet (DB_UNFETCHED), and thus can never be in your index.

These articles give very nice basic explanation of different concepts:

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/01/10/introduction-to-nutch-1.html
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/02/16/introduction-to-nutch-2.html

HTH Thomas