Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sesha Nandyal <Se...@Sun.COM> on 2002/07/10 17:56:51 UTC

configuring tomcat to run behind iPlanet Web Server...

How do I configure Tomcat to run behind iPlanet Web Server? I have the
tomcat-jk2.jar. How do I use this jar? Any pointers to docs would be
very helpful.

Thanks
Sesha

Re: configuring tomcat to run behind iPlanet Web Server...

Posted by Sesha Nandyal <Se...@Sun.COM>.
I am having troubles in creating the nsapi_redirector.so binary. If anyone has
one for Solaris Operating System, can you please mail it to me or point me to a
place where I can get it from. I am using the latest Tomcat engine and the
latest iPlanet Web Server( .a.k.a Sun One Web Server).

Thanks
Sesha

Posted by Cunningham Emmett <ea...@yahoo.com>.
Let me provide a few pointers.

http://developer.iplanet.com/docs/technote/webserver/migratin.html

The short story is to use the NSAPI redirector
and AJP13. Configure the AJP13 Connection handler
in server.xml.

The redirector is typically included in the tomcat
distribution. Though some folks have had a difficult
time with getting it to build on Solaris.

On the iPlanet side it's also fairly easy if you
are doing simple stuff.