Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu> on 2013/01/22 00:33:55 UTC

heads up - size of Apache cTAKES (incubating)

Infra folks,

Apache cTAKES (incubating) is preparing its first release.

Although the source release is not 1GB, it is large, therefore as suggested in
http://s.apache.org/cTAKES-3-0-0-size
I am writing to notifying you of the fact cTAKES is large and is preparing for its first release.

The large size is largely due to models (which have been created by machine learning algorithms).
The models are part of the release, the original data is not, as also discussed on
http://s.apache.org/cTAKES-3-0-0-size

You can see the sizes of the files for RC5 here:
http://people.apache.org/~chenpei/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating/rc5/target/
RC6 will be only slightly smaller when we remove the third-party jars from the source release.

Regards,
James Masanz