Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Kenton Taylor <kt...@slashdotmedia.com> on 2019/07/10 20:03:42 UTC

[allura:tickets] #8311 Split up and organize requirements.txt

- **status**: review --> closed

---

** [tickets:#8311] Split up and organize requirements.txt**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:04 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Fri Jun 28, 2019 08:33 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

Using `pip-compile` from https://pypi.org/project/pip-tools/ we can make a requirements.in file that doesn't have transitive dependencies, and it'll output a requirements.txt that includes all the transitive dependencies pinned to specific versions and with comments about what requires them.

We can also separate development-only requirements like sphinx stuff which pulls in a lot more dependencies.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/