Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by win harrington <wi...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/11/03 16:57:03 UTC

display searched for text in Solr 6

I used solr/post to insert some *.txt files intoSolr 6. I can search for words in Solr and itreturns the id with the file name.
How do I display the text?
managed-schema has
<field name="_text_" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"/>
<copyField source="*" dest="_text_"/>
Thank you.

Re: display searched for text in Solr 6

Posted by Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com>.
Are you sure that the text is stored in the _text_ field? Try
q=*:*&fl=_text_
If you see stuff being printed then this field does have data, else this
field is empty. To check which filed have data, try using the schema
browser.

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 10:43 PM win harrington
<wi...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> I inserted five /opt/solr/*.txt files for testing. Four of the files
> contain the word 'notice'.Solr finds 4 documents, but I can't see the text.
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/select?fl=_text_&indent=on&q=notice&wt=json
> "response":{"numFound":4, "start":0, "docs"{{},{},{},{}}
>
>     On Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:02 PM, Binoy Dalal <
> binoydalal93@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>  Append the fields you want to display to the query using the fl parameter.
> Eg. q=something&fl=_text_
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 10:28 PM win harrington
> <wi...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > I used solr/post to insert some *.txt files intoSolr 6. I can search for
> > words in Solr and itreturns the id with the file name.
> > How do I display the text?
> > managed-schema has
> > <field name="_text_" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
> > multiValued="true"/>
> > <copyField source="*" dest="_text_"/>
> > Thank you.
> >
> --
> Regards,
> Binoy Dalal

Binoy Dalal

Re: display searched for text in Solr 6

Posted by win harrington <wi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

<wi...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> I used solr/post to insert some *.txt files intoSolr 6. I can search for
> words in Solr and itreturns the id with the file name.
> How do I display the text?
> managed-schema has
> <field name="_text_" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
> multiValued="true"/>
> <copyField source="*" dest="_text_"/>
> Thank you.

Binoy Dalal

Re: display searched for text in Solr 6

Posted by Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com>.

<wi...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> I used solr/post to insert some *.txt files intoSolr 6. I can search for
> words in Solr and itreturns the id with the file name.
> How do I display the text?
> managed-schema has
> <field name="_text_" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
> multiValued="true"/>
> <copyField source="*" dest="_text_"/>
> Thank you.

Binoy Dalal