Posted to users@maven.apache.org by xelhark <xe...@hotmail.it> on 2013/02/14 17:45:06 UTC

mvn site-deploy accessing another server?

Hello!

I'm writing here because I don't really know what else to do. I'm trying to
configure maven so that it deploys my website on my server.

There are plenty of guides online, I added the <server> on my settings.xml,
added the configuration on my pom. That's not the issue.

After several tries, I noticed that executing 'mvn site-deploy -X' told me
that he was trying to access another server:

I saw that the remote parent pom is trying to upload the plugins to their
repos, thus giving me this error. I thought it was absurd, but then I tried
to copy the parent.pom and change it in cache so that it wouldn't do that,
and it worked. So, what am I doing wrong?

Re: mvn site-deploy accessing another server?

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/deploy-mojo.html

Is this what you are following as a guide?

<server> is for Maven repos not web servers.

Ron

On 14/02/2013 11:45 AM, xelhark wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm writing here because I don't really know what else to do. I'm trying to
> configure maven so that it deploys my website on my server.
>
> There are plenty of guides online, I added the <server> on my settings.xml,
> added the configuration on my pom. That's not the issue.
>
> After several tries, I noticed that executing 'mvn site-deploy -X' told me
> that he was trying to access another server:
>

> I saw that the remote parent pom is trying to upload the plugins to their
> repos, thus giving me this error. I thought it was absurd, but then I tried
> to copy the parent.pom and change it in cache so that it wouldn't do that,
> and it worked. So, what am I doing wrong?

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com