Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Matthew Lloyd <gm...@matthewlloyd.net> on 2004/06/21 05:22:43 UTC

modules.apache.org sold my e-mail address to spammers

Dear Apache community,

I submitted a module to modules.apache.org (mod_log_firstbyte) a month or
two ago. When I filled in the form, I supplied a *unique* e-mail address
that I have *not* used *anywere* else - apachemod@matthewlloyd.net.

1) This e-mail address is now receiving spam. There is only one way this can
have happened. The folks who run modules.apache.org must have sold my
address to a spammer.

2) I have never been able to log in to update my module and when asking for
a replacement password I have never received a reply from amq@covalent.net.

I think you all need to be warned of this - it's a disgrace that this site
is a subdomain of apache.org! Something needs to be done...

Matthew

Re: modules.apache.org sold my e-mail address to spammers

Posted by Matthew Lloyd <gm...@matthewlloyd.net>.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the detailed response... sounds like I was jumping to
conclusions. Looking forward to seeing a new modules website soon.

-- Matthew

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.