Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2005/05/11 19:20:38 UTC

Failed with reason build timed out

Hi all,

I have a gump that is building a large C++ project that takes a few hours
to build.

Suddenly after doing an svn update on the gump install, it's now failing
with "build timed out". Looking at the log, it seems to have cut off the
build half way through, it doesn't appear to be stuck.

Is there a way to increase this timeout, or remove it altogether?

Regards,
Graham

Re: Failed with reason build timed out

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> Is there a way to increase this timeout, or remove it altogether?

I see this in the code:

        TIMEOUT=60*60 # 60 minutes (in seconds)
        if os.environ.has_key('GUMP_TIMEOUT'):
                TIMEOUT = string.atoi(os.environ['GUMP_TIMEOUT'])

Setting to 0 will (I believe) remove it. The JIRA entry still stands though,
it needs documentation & the error message ought explain it. Personal I
think we need per project configurable timeouts, not server wide. I'll add
that to the JIRA entry sometime.

regards

Adam

Re: Failed with reason build timed out

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
Graham,

I don't know, but I'd hope so. Could you create a jira issue for this?

Thanks!

Leo