Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Nevermann, Dr., Peter" <Pe...@softwareag.com> on 2003/01/16 13:25:34 UTC

Cannot run slide-admin

Hi,

with current from CVS, I can do a "full-dist" build successfully.

Testing the server I obtained at dist/server - backed by
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18, jakarta-struts-1.1-b3 and
jakarta-taglibs/standard-1.0.1 - I observer the following (I also added the
root role and user at tomcat-users.xml and gave all permissions to
principals having the root role in Domain.xml):

- at server starts-up, some exceptions occur:
  * in the console (see attached console-output.txt)
  * in the log file (see attached localhost_log.2003-01-16.txt)
- nevertheless, Slide runs fine and can be accessed through
  http://localhost:8080/slide
- but I cannot access slide-admin:
  * http://localhost:8080/slide-admin/index.jsp return a blank page

I found some hints in the archive, but none did really help:
- copied Domain.xml somewhere else to make it accessible for slide-admin
- copied commons-beanutils.jar and commons-digester.jar to
  slide-admin/WEB-INF/lib

Any pointers?

Regards,
Peter Nevermann

Re: Cannot run slide-admin

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Hi Peter,

looks like you need a more recent version of commons-beanutils (probably
1.5 should do, but when in doubt get a recent nightly build).

In addition, Struts 1.1 also needs commons-logging and
commons-collections, so you'll need to add recent versions of those to
slide-admin/WEB-INF/lib too. You'll be on the safe side if you just copy
  the mentioned commons JARs from the Struts distribution (note it
contains a commons-validator, commons-resources, etc, which are optional).

Some time has passed since I last tried deploying Slide :-(
So I have no idea if something has magically broken in the meantime.

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de