Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Robert Selvaraj <rs...@searchblox.com> on 2003/09/26 13:58:10 UTC

Announcing SearchBlox Search Application 1.0

Hello,

This is to announce the release of SearchBlox 1.0.

Searchblox is a search application designed on a robust Java
architecture. It enables you to deploy search on your Intranet/Internet
sites in a matter of minutes, focusing on presentation of content rather
than diving into details of search technology. It extends software from
Lucene and a host of other Open Source Projects. SearchBlox is available
as a Web Archive (WAR) and is deployable on any Servlet 2.3/JSP 1.2
compliant server.

End User Features
=================
fielded query searches
•Sort - search results can be sorted by date, relevance or alphabetically.
•Hit Highlighting - query terms are highlighted on content title and
description
•Collections – users can limit search to specific collections

Administrator Features
======================
•Web-based Admin Console – easy to use and intuitive console to manage
all aspects of the Search application
•Collections – create up to 5 document collections with customized settings
•Look & Feel – search results customizable using XSLT stylesheets. Can
also be delivered as XML
•Reporting – real-time reporting with weekly, daily and hourly result
sets, top queries and zero match queries
•Schedulers – flexible scheduling of  indexing and index-refresh operations

Content Features
================
•Crawlers – can index both HTTP and File-system based content
•Languages – supports English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Danish,
Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish
•Stopwords – separate stopword list for each supported language
•File Types – supports HTML, Word, Excel, PDF, Text, RTF
•MetaTags - supports standard meta tag fields (title, description, keyword)

The SearchBlox FREE Edition is available free of charge and can index up
to 1000 HTML documents.

The software can be downloaded from http://www.searchblox.com

Best Regards,

The SearchBlox Team
http://www.searchblox.com

Re: Announcing SearchBlox Search Application 1.0

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 10:16  AM, Robert Selvaraj wrote:
> It will not be possible to provide you with the source code!

> All the editions of SearchBlox are built on the same code base and
> releasing the source code to Lucene will have a adverse impact on our
> commercial versions with the business model we are adopting at the
> moment.

Well, it was worth a try :)

And I definitely understand your position.  The demo app of Lucene will
hopefully eventually evolve into something like a searchbox-lite type
of application.

	Erik

Re: Announcing SearchBlox Search Application 1.0

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Robert Selvaraj <rs...@searchblox.com>.
It will not be possible to provide you with the source code!

All the editions of SearchBlox are built on the same code base and
releasing the source code to Lucene will have a adverse impact on our
commercial versions with the business model we are adopting at the moment.

Robert

Posted by Robert Selvaraj <rs...@searchblox.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Robert,

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Robert,

Posted by Robert Selvaraj <rs...@searchblox.com>.
Thanks Eric.

I definitely like the idea of including the FREE Edition's WAR file to
the Lucene code base as a demo application. On one hand, it demonstrates
the power of Lucene and on the other, as you have already pointed out,
it will give SearchBlox a lot of publicity.

Let me know how we can take this further.

Robert

Posted by Robert Selvaraj <rs...@searchblox.com>.
Thanks Eric.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.