Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/01 05:05:34 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Fwd: SOAP With Attachments - MIME Part Content Transfer Encoding

Hi Laurent,
Can you please log a JIRA at gerenimo as Dr.Sanjiva suggested.... Give us
the JIRA number too, so that we too can track it...

Always Welcome :)
~Thilina

Posted by Laurent CELLA <la...@inexbee.com>.
Hi Thilina.

As I said The use of SUN Javamail 1.4 in AXIS2 replacing
geronimo-spec-javamail solves my problem.

So Before I submit a JIRA, could you tell me if geronimo-spec-javamail
was supposed to do the same for now,
or if it is still active developpement ?

Let me explain myself :

When I Used geronimo-spec as javamail API on my AXIS server, it appears
to me text/plain was directed to String,
and all others contents mapped to "ByteArrayInputStream".

This stream however, was never implicitly decoded by this javamail
implementation if Base64 or quoted printable in the source for instance.

I Had another problems with this geronimo-spec javamail API, wich makes
me submit another JIRA :

MimeUtility class was not fully implemented.
We told me there that geronimo-spec-javamail-SNAPSHOT.jar was a complete
implementation.
However this jar does not contain nor mailcap neither content handler
classes... and MimeUtility does not work yet  ( I will comment the JIRA
again soon )

All That makes me thinks that should be a "future implemented issue"
rather than a bug ?

I prefer to be clear in my mind before to submit a JIRA. I dont want to
bother you for bugs wich are not bugs... :p