Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org> on 2016/12/21 04:28:34 UTC

OpenOffice on KDE 4 issues

Hi

I am busy porting fpicker to gbuild, and needed to test its KDE 4 version,
and ended up fixing a bug there, and a VCL bug on KDE that stopped AOO from
starting.

However we still have this duplicate text issue in the menu, and dialog
corruption:

​

Any KDE users? Any thoughts?

Thank you
Damjan

Re: OpenOffice on KDE 4 issues

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Damian, *

Am 12/24/2016 um 1:07 AM schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Kay Schenk <ks...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 2016-12-20 20:28 (-0800), Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am busy porting fpicker to gbuild, and needed to test its KDE 4 version,
>>> and ended up fixing a bug there, and a VCL bug on KDE that stopped AOO from
>>> starting.
>>>
>>> However we still have this duplicate text issue in the menu, and dialog
>>> corruption:
>>>

>>> Any KDE users? Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Damjan
>>>
>> Mostly, the KDE specific build option is no longer needed. Both KDE and Gnome use Freedesktop interfaces now. That interface via VCL may need some tweaking, I don't know. When I tried to build with "--enable-KDE" at least 2 years ago, it was a bit of a chore due to the overhead of installing the needed KDE development stuff. Better to just concentrate on Freedesktop and ditch the KDE specific code altogether I think.
>>
> Checking for usage of ENABLE_KDE and ENABLE_KDE4 on OpenGrok:
> * main/cui/source/options/optgdlg.cxx and
> main/filepickers/source/unx/kde4 deal with file pickers.
> * main/shell/source/backends/kdebe reads KDE's network proxy settings,
> the external mailer, source view font properties, etc.
> * main/vcl/unx/kde4 deals with libQt's main loop integration, event
> filtering, decides which controls to draw natively, matches fonts with
> system fonts, input methods, etc.
> * main/toolkit/source/layout/core/dialogbuttonhbox.cxx selects
> ordering for dialog buttons
>
> These are generally tasks that go beyond what Freedesktop provides.
Thanks for the good analystic work. Maybe this is exactly a problem for
the dublicate menus. Maybe OpenOffice renders the manu twice. first with
normal Linux and seccond with kde4. And finaly you have the text twice.
I have to say, I'm not familiar with this source. It's just a srange
idea from an "outside view."

Regards, Raphael

Re: OpenOffice on KDE 4 issues

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.