Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Prabhjot Kaur -X (prakaur - Aricent Technologies at Cisco)" <pr...@cisco.com> on 2012/10/09 08:55:42 UTC

[users@httpd] undefined symbol: ap_args_to_table

Hi Friends,

I need your help on the following issue:

I am new to Apache and httpd. I installed Apache httpd 2.4 version on linux machine. I am trying to run the example code given in the developers documentation (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/developer/modguide.html).
While running the mod_example_2.c given in above link, the code compiled (though with few warnings). But while running the server using 'apachectl' following error came:

" httpd: Syntax error on line 150 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_example_1.so into server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_example_1.so: undefined symbol: ap_args_to_table "

I found the declaration of "ap_args_to_table" in util_script.h. Exploring further I noticed that there is difference in util_script.h file in /root/httpd/apache2/includes folder (place where I installed apache httpd) and util_script.h file in /etc/httpd/includes.
There is no declaration of "ap_args_to_table" in etc directory.

Please let me know why it is so and how I can remove this error.

Thanks & Regards
Prabhjot