Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Mark Priatel <mp...@espial.com> on 2001/05/30 00:31:56 UTC

JavaOne invite

I'm not sure if any of you guys will be going to JavaOne -- I know that
there are quite a few seminars on Tomcat and other Jakarta projects.  But...

We've just about finished the second release of our site (www.devicetop.com)
and it makes heavy use of Velocity (as well as just about every other
Jakarta project).  In addition (and conjunction) to announcing the winners
of a java-app dev contest we hosted we're also throwing a huge party at Club
1015.

To express gratitude to the lot of you, feel free join us.  There's no slant
or angle to the invite, it's just going to be a huge party for JavaOne
attendees (not that you need a pass to get in)

If your not familiar with the club, Club1015 has a capacity of about 3000
people -- last year we packed it up good!  If you went to JavaOne and heard
people talking about a great party, this was it!

Anyhow, hope this isn't construed as spam.  As I said, its an anonymous
affair -- nobody will be bugging you for anything!

details:

Club1015
Wednesday June 6, 2001
1015 Folsom Street (between 6th & 7th)
doors open at 9pm

no cover
free drinks with invite
( print one from http://www.devicetop.com/static/ticket.html or stop by our
booth, not sure about the # but the company is Espial )

-mark

Re: JavaOne invite

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Spam?  Free drinks?  Surely you jest. :)

Anyone else with a good party at JavaOne, feel free to spam us here...

geir

Mark Priatel wrote:

> I'm not sure if any of you guys will be going to JavaOne -- I know that
> there are quite a few seminars on Tomcat and other Jakarta projects.  But...
>
> We've just about finished the second release of our site (www.devicetop.com)
> and it makes heavy use of Velocity (as well as just about every other
> Jakarta project).  In addition (and conjunction) to announcing the winners
> of a java-app dev contest we hosted we're also throwing a huge party at Club
> 1015.
>
> To express gratitude to the lot of you, feel free join us.  There's no slant
> or angle to the invite, it's just going to be a huge party for JavaOne
> attendees (not that you need a pass to get in)
>
> If your not familiar with the club, Club1015 has a capacity of about 3000
> people -- last year we packed it up good!  If you went to JavaOne and heard
> people talking about a great party, this was it!
>
> Anyhow, hope this isn't construed as spam.  As I said, its an anonymous
> affair -- nobody will be bugging you for anything!
>
> details:
>
> Club1015
> Wednesday June 6, 2001
> 1015 Folsom Street (between 6th & 7th)
> doors open at 9pm
>
> no cover
> free drinks with invite
> ( print one from http://www.devicetop.com/static/ticket.html or stop by our
> booth, not sure about the # but the company is Espial )

System and Software Consulting
"still climbing up to the shoulders..."

Re: JavaOne invite

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 5/29/01 3:31 PM, "Mark Priatel" <mp...@espial.com> wrote:

> We've just about finished the second release of our site (www.devicetop.com)
> and it makes heavy use of Velocity (as well as just about every other
> Jakarta project).

Awesome!

Note: this doesn't make for a happy server...

<http://www.devicetop.com/dt/main?openForum=88888888888888888888888888888888
888888888888888888888888888888881>

:-)

-jon