Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Sudhakar Reddy <Su...@amdocs.com> on 2018/02/28 12:04:27 UTC

Validate csar file in Aria-0.1.1

Hi,

I'm trying to validate & store the service-template which is a csar extension file.

The actual service template is available under Definitions folder and is not present on the root folder. Even the Metadata present in TOSCA.meta:Entry-Definitions defines the path of the service-template to be inside Definitions folder.

But when I checked the aria code, we are taking the service template file name and checking on the root directory where the csar extracted. Why don't we consider the template  which is under Definitions/ ??

[cid:image001.png@01D3B0BA.619D22D0][cid:image002.png@01D3B0BA.619D22D0]

Thanks & Regards
Sudhakar Reddy
Contact No:8758383421

you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer <https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer>

RE: Validate csar file in Aria-0.1.1

Posted by Sudhakar Reddy <Su...@amdocs.com>.
Hi,

We are extracting the CSAR and doing the validation checks on the data present in Metadata file.

But once all the checks are done, we are looking for the service-template at the root directory. The actual structure is like this:

├── Definitions
|   └── service-template.yaml
├── Scripts
|   ├── install.sh
└── TOSCA-Metadata
    ├── Metadata.yaml
    └── TOSCA.meta

And the TOSCA.meta contain the reference to the template mentioned in "Entry-Definitions:Definitions/service-template.yaml"

I think it would be better if we can refer to the file which is defined in TOSCA.meta file instead of searching in root directory(where the csar extracted).

Thanks & Regards
Sudhakar Reddy
Thanks for raising this issue. Do you mean we are not extracting the CSAR as such ?

Regards,
DJ
I'm trying to validate & store the service-template which is a csar extension file.

The actual service template is available under Definitions folder and is not present on the root folder. Even the Metadata present in TOSCA.meta:Entry-Definitions defines the path of the service-template to be inside Definitions folder.

But when I checked the aria code, we are taking the service template file name and checking on the root directory where the csar extracted. Why don't we consider the template  which is under Definitions/ ??

[X][cid:image002.png@01D3B0BA.619D22D0]

Thanks & Regards
Sudhakar Reddy
Contact No:8758383421