Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ro...@acs-inc.com on 2008/12/04 15:53:02 UTC

svnadmin dump/load --incremental failing on unicode files

I am currently trying to migrate a repository from SVN 1.4 to SVN 1.5.4, upgrade hardware, and make some structure chagnes to the repository.

I have moved most of the repository last week, and was intending to grab a last minute delta of the recent changes, but I noticed that unlike the unqualified dump and load, the --incremental does not appear to like unicode files.

Is there any easy way out before I blow away all of my work, and start over?  Is it just best to blow away the repository and do a complete pull all over again?

Re: svnadmin dump/load --incremental failing on unicode files

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Dec 4, 2008, at 09:53, robert.summerlin@acs-inc.com wrote:

> I am currently trying to migrate a repository from SVN 1.4 to SVN
> 1.5.4, upgrade hardware, and make some structure chagnes to the
> repository.
>
> I have moved most of the repository last week, and was intending to
> grab a last minute delta of the recent changes, but I noticed that
> unlike the unqualified dump and load, the --incremental does not
> appear to like unicode files.

In what way?