Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2016/05/27 14:21:17 UTC

Backports process and v6.2.0

Hi all,

please make sure that you follow the process for requesting important fixes to be back ported to the current release as you see appropriate. This helps the RM (Release Managers) prioritize and decide what should go into each release. The process in Jira is something like this:

1) You file a Jira, target (right now) Fix version is 7.0.0. You create a Github PR, and once committed, you close the Jira.

2) If you think this is a critical fix that should be considered for back port, “Edit” the Jira, and add the appropriate versions for Backports. For example, 6.2.0 which is our upcoming LTS release.

In particular, make sure you have marked any critical fixes that have been done recently in 7.0.0, that you feel must go into a 6.2.0 release. Also make sure the Jira is closed, the RM will only consider Jira’s that are closed (fixed) with the Backport version set.

Cheers,

— leif

P.s
Jon Sime: do we have a place for all these processes and contribution details? We should make sure our workflows and processes are properly documented. I personally prefer the Wiki for live documents like these, but I’m ok with this going into regular docs as well.