Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by cm...@collab.net on 2002/04/30 19:54:04 UTC

Test output.

In diff_tests.py there lies one diff_only_property_change() which,
when invoked, prints stuff to stdout.  This is, in my opinion,
badness.  Is the reason for this function using os.system() because
we're checking for SEGFAULTness, perhaps?  I can't think of any other
reason why we wouldn't be using svntest.main.run_svn() for the "diff"
portions of this test.

Where's my `svn blame' ?

Re: Test output.

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> writes:

> cmpilato@collab.net writes:
>
> > In diff_tests.py there lies one diff_only_property_change() which,
> > when invoked, prints stuff to stdout.  This is, in my opinion,
> > badness.  Is the reason for this function using os.system() because
> > we're checking for SEGFAULTness, perhaps?
>
> I believe that was the original problem.  However, since the diff
> command will produce output if it works and will probably not produce
> output if it SEGFAULTs, all we need to do is check that the correct
> output occurs.

My thoughts exactly.

> > Where's my `svn blame' ?
>
> Not guilty.

You are free to go.  Next!

Re: Test output.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
cmpilato@collab.net writes:

> In diff_tests.py there lies one diff_only_property_change() which,
> when invoked, prints stuff to stdout.  This is, in my opinion,
> badness.  Is the reason for this function using os.system() because
> we're checking for SEGFAULTness, perhaps?

I believe that was the original problem.  However, since the diff
command will produce output if it works and will probably not produce
output if it SEGFAULTs, all we need to do is check that the correct
output occurs.

> I can't think of any other
> reason why we wouldn't be using svntest.main.run_svn() for the "diff"
> portions of this test.
>
> Where's my `svn blame' ?

Not guilty.

--