Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Markus Dahm <ma...@it-fws.de> on 2003/04/25 10:26:53 UTC

BCEL 5.1 released

Hi,

The Byte Code Engineering Library version 5.1 has been released after a
long period of testing. It mainly
contains bug fixes and introduces the possibility to use custom
repositories.

Cheers
    Markus

Re: BCEL 5.1 released

Posted by David Hovemeyer <da...@cs.umd.edu>.
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 10:26:53AM +0200, Markus Dahm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Byte Code Engineering Library version 5.1 has been released after a
> long period of testing. It mainly
> contains bug fixes and introduces the possibility to use custom
> repositories.

The source distribution (bcel-5.1-src.tar.gz) seems to be incomplete.
It doesn't have the lib subdirectory (containing Regex.jar), nor does
it have the examples source directory.

-Dave

Re: BCEL 5.1 released

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Are there plans to update the ibiblio repository with the new release?

-Mark

Re: BCEL 5.1 released

Posted by Mark Crocker <mc...@markcrocker.com>.
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:26:53 +0200, Markus Dahm wrote:

> The Byte Code Engineering Library version 5.1 has been released after a
> long period of testing. It mainly
> contains bug fixes and introduces the possibility to use custom
> repositories.

Great news! Congratulations and thanks :)

um... this doesn't seem to show up on the BCEL home page http://jakarta.apache.org/bcel or on the Jakarta download page (http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi).  Is there some other distribution site or is this just something that's still on the todo list?

The BCEL home page doesn't seem to have any links to the download page.  Perhaps you might consider adding such a link because it is probably not obvious to those not familiar with the apache site, where to get the downloads from.

How did you manage to do all of this without any of it appearing on the Change Log, Developer Activity or File Activity pages?  Are you using some other site for development and storage of the source repository?  When cruising the Source Repository at apache, is there a common version number to identify the modified files?  When making bug reports on bugzilla, I was using the repository to verify the the files in question had not been fixed before reporting a bug.  If there's some other place to check, then that would be helpful to know.

Thanks;

           __
     __   / /\
   /  /  \/ / /\ Mark Crocker