Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca> on 2000/11/03 04:09:52 UTC

Move from www.apache.org to httpd.apache.org incomplete

I already brought up one of these issues, but let me expand a little.

The recent move of the Apache HTTP Server to httpd.apache.org seems to be
incomplete.  In particular, the following things have not been addressed:

1. The mirrors are not longer being accessed for anything but
the ASF site.  It seems that this site has little need for mirroring, and
what really needs to be mirrored is httpd.apache.org.

The solution to this, it seems, would be to change the mirroring
instructions, and let the mirrors know that they should now be mirroring
httpd.apache.org.

2. There is now no way to search the httpd.apache.org site, and therefore
no way to search the apache documentation.

I think that this just requires a few small fixes in
/www/search.apache.org on locus.

3. Actually, I just lied.  You can search the documentation, but only the
version that is on www.apache.org, and this version will get steadily more
and more out of date.  In addition, there are still many many references
out there to locations on www.apache.org that should now be
httpd.apache.org.

Probably what is needed here is a liberal dose of Redirect's.

Sorry to just dump problems here, but I don't think I have enough
karma to fix any of these.

--
Joshua Slive
slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca