Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Laurie Harper <la...@cp.net> on 2002/08/15 04:56:51 UTC

Patch submission guidelines

Hi, I have a patch for Ant that expands the utility of the if/unless
attributes on tasks (basically syntactic sugar, but it's sugar that makes
what I want to do much less cumbersome! :-)

Can someone point me to the guidelines for submitting such a patch for
consideration? I had a quick look through the How to Get Involved page and
didn¹t spot this.

Thanks,

L.

Re: Patch submission guidelines

Posted by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@apache.org>.
>Hi, I have a patch for Ant that expands the utility of the if/unless
>attributes on tasks (basically syntactic sugar, but it's sugar that makes
>what I want to do much less cumbersome! :-)

>Can someone point me to the guidelines for submitting such a patch for
>consideration? I had a quick look through the How to Get Involved page and
>didn¹t spot this.

A patch is usually the result of the command 'cvs diff -u' as it gives us a
concrete idea of what has changed between the latest revision and your
patched file. The best thing is to actually open a RFE in bugzilla and
attach your file with a description of the motivation behind your changes.

Thanks

Stephane