Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by vksunchu <vi...@gallup.com> on 2011/09/16 23:12:54 UTC

Re: svn deployment help

Hello Tom,

I am in the same situation as yours. I am starting to develop svn deployment
at my company.
Can you please let me know some sort of documentation or any other links
which will help me to start with.

Thanks
Vinod

Re: svn deployment help

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
[ Please reply at the bottom, not at the top. Comments below. ]

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 5:12 PM, vksunchu <vi...@gallup.com> wrote:

> Hello Tom,
>
> I am in the same situation as yours. I am starting to develop svn deployment
> at my company.
> Can you please let me know some sort of documentation or any other links
> which will help me to start with.
>
> Thanks
> Vinod
>

> Tom Cruickshank wrote:
>>
>> Hey Guys,
>>     I'm doing research on svn and wondering if anyone might have an ideas
>> for this. I'm setting up SVN so that I have a SVN repository on my
>> development machine which will then be able to deploy files to my
>> production
>> environment.
>>
>> I'd like to be able to pick and choose which files I want to deploy (not
>> automatically deploy all the files which have been recently committed,
>> using
>> hooks). I'd also like to (preferably) have a GUI based tool (web based
>> also
>> works) to choose the files
>> and then have them deployed to the production environment.
>>
>> Does this type of deployment tool exist?
>>
>> Would appreciate assistance. Thanks!
>>
>> Tom

There are lots of tools that do various things. By "deploy", I assume
you mean "publish to the website" ? A "post-commit" tool can do
updates of a local checkout, and use "rsync" or numerous tools to
actually publish the files. That's a common approach, and very
flexible.