Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Christian Aust <ch...@wilde-welt.de> on 2000/05/03 11:37:01 UTC

mod_jserv/6047: Apache cannot load mod_jserv (reason unknown)

>Number:         6047
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Apache cannot load mod_jserv (reason unknown)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    jserv
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Wed May 03 02:40:01 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     christian@wilde-welt.de
>Release:        1.3.9
After making a fresh compile of Apache 1.3.9 with various DSO-enabled configurations, Apache is ready to run (can start it).
Compiling JServ 1.1 with my JSDK and JDK an the apsx from the new Apache build generates a mod_jserv.so, and corresponding *.jar files and configuration/docs. After appending the "include" directive to apache.conf, the web server refuses to load:

Cannot load /Local/Library/Apache/Modules/mod_jserv.so into server: (reason unknown)

This leads me to think about the advantages of commercial software... we heavily depend on Java and our webserver refuses to load it. Can anybody help? Please cc me with personal mail as well. Regards,

-  Christian
Happens every time when installing Apache 1.3.9 according to http://www.stepwise.com/Articles/Workbench/BuildingApache1.3.9-sanchez.html, and  building JServ as with http://www.stepwise.com/Articles/Workbench/JServ.html

 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]