Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Gunjan Paliwal - Vendor <Gu...@wal-mart.com> on 2011/11/19 01:25:42 UTC

Apache | Wal-Mart Application Migration to Windows 7

Hello,

I am part of the Windows 7 Application Compatibility team at Wal-Mart.  Wal-Mart is currently in the process of migrating to Windows 7 and our team is gathering information on compatibility of vendor supported applications in the Windows 7 environment.  We have identified some applications whose vendor is Apache and would like information from you if these applications are Windows 7 64-bit compatible and if not, whether there is a compatible upgrade available.

We got your contact information from the Apache website. If you are unable to provide the information we have requested, please direct us to the person we can contact for this. Please find below list of applications that we need information on.  We would like to have this information in 2 days.

Your anticipated cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Please fill the details in below table
Application Name        Application Version     IS application Windows 7 64-bit Compatible      Is there Any Win7 64 bit Compatible Upgrade Available, if yes what is the version       Is this Win7 64 bit compatible version supported by you in future       Comments
GeronimoWebServer       2.1.7
GeronimoWebServer       2.1.6
GeronimoWebServer       2.1.4
GeronimoWebServer       2.1.3

Please send your response to win7@email.wal-mart.com<ma...@email.wal-mart.com> (Reply to all)

Thank you!!

Regards,
Gunjan Paliwal
Infosys Technologies Ltd
Email: Gunjan.Paliwal@wal-mart.com<ma...@wal-mart.com>
Cell:  479-426-7426

intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error destroy it
immediately.

                                               *** Walmart
Confidential ***

Re: Apache | Wal-Mart Application Migration to Windows 7

Posted by thiyagu_r <th...@gmail.com>.
Please contact Build/design  middleware team of wal-mart. They should be able to help

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2011, at 7:25 PM, Gunjan Paliwal - Vendor wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am part of the Windows 7 Application Compatibility team at Wal-Mart.
>  Wal-Mart is currently in the process of migrating to Windows 7 and our
> team is gathering information on compatibility of vendor supported
> applications in the Windows 7 environment.  We have identified some
> applications whose vendor is Apache and would like information from you if
> these applications are Windows 7 64-bit compatible and if not, whether
> there is a compatible upgrade available.

Launching geronimo server process with "Run as administrator" should work
just fine. No any known compatibility issue for geronimo on Windows 7 as
far as I know.

--
Thanks!

Regards, Forrest

Re: Apache | Wal-Mart Application Migration to Windows 7

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.