Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "mpopovits.rm" <mp...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/29 22:55:59 UTC

tiles & javascript

Hi,

I'm new to tiles and am wondering what the best way is to integrate
javascript, as follows:

Before Tiles:
I had a main jsp (with some includes for header/footer) and some
embedded javascript and js file references.

After Tiles:
I have tiles setup for header/footer/body.  The layout that I am
using is (and should be fairly generic) as is the header/footer.
Now, the body tile makes use of some javascript functions both
embedded and as js references.

Where do I put this javascript code? I am assuming that it should not
go in the layout because that is being used by multiple pages.  It
doesn't really belong in the header/footer either.  And shouldn't the
body tile just contain the body portion (not <head> information).

Any suggestions as the what the best approach is for this would be
greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Michelle