Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Edisandro Lima <ed...@hotmail.com> on 2012/05/18 15:23:34 UTC

Subversion 1.7.5 compatibility question

Hello,

I have downloaded the Windows version (.msi installer) maintained by David
Darj ( <http://alagazam.net/> http://alagazam.net/) and I would like to know
whether or not this new 1.7.5 version is compatible with Apache 2.4 VC10
builds downloaded from ApacheLaunge.com

I've been using Subversion 1.7.4 without problems on Apache 2.2, but it did
not work on Apache 2.4. So this new version fixes this issue ?

Best Regards,

Edisandro.

RE: Subversion 1.7.5 compatibility question

Posted by Edisandro Lima <ed...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Philip for your very prompt reply.

> I have downloaded the Windows version (.msi installer) maintained by
> David Darj ( <http://alagazam.net/> http://alagazam.net/) and I would
> like to know whether or not this new 1.7.5 version is compatible with
> Apache 2.4 VC10 builds downloaded from ApacheLaunge.com
>

> I've been using Subversion 1.7.4 without problems on Apache 2.2, but
> it did not work on Apache 2.4. So this new version fixes this issue ?

Subversion 1.7.5 is the first release that supports Apache 2.4 at a source
code level.  However Apache 2.2 and Apache 2.4 are not binary compatible
which means that Subversion must be compiled with Apache 2.4 to be used with
Apache 2.4.  If Subversion is compiled with Apache 2.4 it will not work with
Apache 2.2.

--
Philip

Re: Subversion 1.7.5 compatibility question

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by "Alagazam.net Subversion" <sv...@alagazam.net>.
On 2012-05-18 15:23, Edisandro Lima wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded the Windows version (.msi installer) maintained by
> David Darj (http://alagazam.net/) and I would like to know whether or
> not this new 1.7.5 version is compatible with Apache 2.4 VC10 builds
> downloaded from ApacheLaunge.com
>
> I've been using Subversion 1.7.4 without problems on Apache 2.2, but
> it did not work on Apache 2.4. So this new version fixes this issue ?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Edisandro.

Hi

My release is NOT compatible with Apache httpd 2.4.

I did a test doing my build against Apache httpd 2.4 including building
httpd itself.
It's not very well tested (all svn tests passes though), and I don't
know if it's compatible with
ApacheLaunge https as I use VC6 (yes it's ancient, I know ;-) but if you
want I can give you a link to test it.

Regards
David Darj a.k.a. Alagazam