Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Stefani L." <st...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/10 09:17:46 UTC

servlets & C2

To anyone who can help me,

I have recently installed C2 and it works well with tomcat 4.0.1. However, I
have a java servlet that outputs XML and would like to have C2 take this and
transform it to the appropriate format as defined by the XML file (i.e. with
the appropriate stylesheet).

I read the email sent a few days ago regarding how to do this, but couldn't
figure out exactly how to implement this.

Could anyone write specific examples on how to do this? How do you call
cocoon from a java servlet? what modifications must be made to the sitemap?
Which component of the javadocs is appropriate to look at?

I did not find any documentation regarding this issue.

Many thanks,
Stefani L.

----------------
Radon--

Re: servlets & C2

Posted by Joseph Jupin <jo...@fe77.com>.
please look for my posts from several days ago.  I
specifically show how to modify the sitemap to use the
stream generator to capture output from a servlet to send
to cocoon and capture the results.  I also show the
specific java code in the servlet to fire off to cocoon...

sorry, but I don't remember the title of my post - but
look for my last name :  jupin
(It's almost always guaranteed to be unique...)

peace.  JOe...

RE: servlets & C2

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Stefani L. [mailto:stefanil22@hotmail.com]
>
> To anyone who can help me,
>
> I have recently installed C2 and it works well with tomcat 4.0.1.
However, I
> have a java servlet that outputs XML and would like to have C2 take
this and
> transform it to the appropriate format as defined by the XML file
(i.e. with
> the appropriate stylesheet).
>
> I read the email sent a few days ago regarding how to do this, but
couldn't
> figure out exactly how to implement this.
>
> Could anyone write specific examples on how to do this? How do you
call
> cocoon from a java servlet?

Cocoon will call your servlet.

> what modifications must be made to the sitemap?

Check out sub/sitemap.xmap, entry for "external XSP" example. Take this
pipeline as a starting point, replace http://... with the URL to your
servlet, and use your stylesheet.

> Which component of the javadocs is appropriate to look at?

Read documentation on sitemap - it might have information on specifying
src="" tag on generators. That's what you need, use
src="http://host/app/your-servlet".

Vadim