Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/13 07:06:14 UTC

Transcript: 3/12 Evening Meeting

You have joined the channel
22:04
kanakb has joined (~kanakb@apache/committer/kanak)
22:04
Mode: +cnt
22:04
Created at: Oct 6, 2013, 12:02 PM
22:04
kanakb
hi, technically this is the time slot for the biweekly evening meeting
22:05
kanakb
anyone have a topic of interest?
22:16
kishoreg
hey Kanak
22:24
kanakb
hey
22:35
kishoreg
do we have anything to discuss?
22:37
kanakb
well, i guess to start, here's what is currently under development: tasks in containers started by provisioners, API improvements, and 0.6.3
22:37
kanakb
from a 0.6.3 standpoint i think one of the big things is that this is our first release as a TLP
22:38
kanakb
so i'll be sure to document what that means now
22:38
kanakb
since the release stuff is still based on incubator procedures
22:39
kanakb
other than that, we've been keeping that branch healthy, so i don't imagine the release taking too much effort
22:39
hsaputra has joined (1804d89b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.4.216.155)
22:41
kanakb
for the tasks work, hopefully i can get back to that soon
22:41
kanakb
the interesting part is augmenting full auto to support blacklists/whitelists for reassignment
22:43
kishoreg
what do u mean blacklist/whitelist
22:43
kanakb
basically overrides for the default behavior
22:43
kanakb
like saying
22:43
kishoreg
aah got it
22:43
kanakb
yeah
22:44
zzhang has joined (~Adium@c-50-174-102-239.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
22:45
kanakb
there's some overlap for blacklists and the disable partition behavior we want
22:45
kishoreg
i see
22:45
kanakb
at least logically
22:45
kanakb
implementation needs some thought
22:46
kanakb
they're both kind of saying: i don't want this partition to be on this participant
22:46
kishoreg
agree
22:47
kishoreg
how far are we on task rebalancer
22:48
kishoreg
do we have any design doc to discuss and give feedback
22:48
kishoreg
at a high level
22:48
kanakb
not currently
22:48
kanakb
i have quite a few thoughts on that, so i can start one
22:50
kishoreg
ok, that will be helpful
22:57
kanakb
yeah i think other than that, i don't have updates
22:59
kishoreg
same here, still working on the blog, got a lot of feedback
23:02
kanakb
cool
23:02
zzhang
i am late. i am working on monitoring stuff
23:02
zzhang
refactoring the code based on our last discussion
23:02
kishoreg
ok, Aditya had a suggestion
23:03
kishoreg
you shud talk to him
23:03
zzhang
sure
23:03
zzhang
will talk to him tomorrow
23:03
kishoreg
ok anyone else any questions/feedback before we sign off
23:05
kishoreg
ok guys, thanks
23:05