Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Doron Rosenberg <do...@netscape.com> on 2003/02/26 21:30:08 UTC

Can one specify multiple input xml files?

Hi,

We are planning on using java/fop on Netscape DevEdge to generate PDFs
from our xml source, and I was wondering if its possible to specify
multiple input xml files somehow?

regards,
Doron

--
Doron Rosenberg
Netscape Communications Corp.

Get Netscape 7.02 at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/ now!

Netscape DevEdge - http://devedge.netscape.com/

Re: Can one specify multiple input xml files?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Doron Rosenberg wrote:
> We are planning on using java/fop on Netscape DevEdge to generate PDFs
> from our xml source, and I was wondering if its possible to specify
> multiple input xml files somehow?

It depends what you mean by "generating... from XML". There is
half a zillion of possibilities to aggregate XML.
 From within an XSL transformation you can use the document()
function, if the URLs of XML documents to be included are
available form either the source XML document or from parameters.
You can also look at using XML entities or XInclude. A further
approach would be to write a custom SAX filter.
Neither of this is really a matter this list deals with. Depending
on your choice, ask on a more specilised list (XSL list, XML-DEV,
or a SAX forum).

J.Pietschmann