Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/10 15:35:54 UTC

How do I assign bug to myself?

Hi,
I am trying to fix
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-83
and I'd like to change the assignee to myself. However I can't. Why? It
would help if people working on issues to update their status/assignee.
-jt

Re: How do I assign bug to myself?

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
thanks.
-jt

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
For simplicities sake, I've made the group 'jira-users' as
contributors, since anyone should be able to assign themselves a
ticket, not just committers since we'll want others from the community
to pick up defects and submit PR's as fixes for these issues.

I think this is how they have it on the JCLOUDS group as I can assign
myself tickets there and I'm in that group as well.

Regards

John

--
John

Re: How do I assign bug to myself?

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 10.10.2017, 18:31 +0100 schrieb John McDonnell:
> @Jaroslav, this is fixed now, seems I found the option when browsing.
>
> Because of the way the permissions are based only about Bertrand
> Delacretaz, Geertjan Wielenga, Hermien Pellissier, Jiri Prox, Jiri
> Kovalsky, Svatopluk Dedic and myself - and yes, now Jaroslav.
>
> Theres about 42-43 people on the Whos Who[1] listed as Committer - If
> you want I can add them to the committer group?

I think that would be good idea. Jaroslav already described one use
case (signal that you are working on an issue) and also just doing
cleanups should be spread out.

> [1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Who%27s+Who
>
> On 10 October 2017 at 18:28, Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, will take a look, I think everyone who is a committer should be given
> > the same rights.
> >
> > On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 at 18:20, John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > But looking at the Issue Permissions it seems only users with the
> > > following permissions can be assigned issues:
> > >
> > > Project Role (Contributors)
> > > Project Role (Committers)
> > > Project Role (Administrators)
> > > Project Role (PMC)