Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@apache.org> on 2015/03/24 22:16:59 UTC

maven-release-plugin does not build cleanly - M2_HOME is missing

Hello,

I just checked out the trunk (r1643023) and running "mvn clean verify"
does not succeed neither with Maven 3.0.5, Maven 3.2.5 nor with Maven
3.3.1 (OS X 10.10.2, JDK 1.7.0_76):

The test org.apache.maven.shared.release.exec.InvokerMavenExecutorTest#testEncryptSettings
is always failing with the following message from
/maven-invoker-2.1-sources.jar!/org/apache/maven/shared/invoker/MavenCommandLineBuilder.java:124

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Maven application directory was not
specified, and ${maven.home} is not provided in the system properties.
Please specify at least on of these.

When I set the M2_HOME variable on the command line manually, the tests succeed.

Regards
Mirko

Re: maven-release-plugin does not build cleanly - M2_HOME is missing

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Hello there, I now have a workaround. I am setting:

 <injectedMavenHome>${maven.home}</injectedMavenHome>

in  maven-release-manager/pom.xml and use this to set:
releaseEnvironment.setMavenHome( new File( System.getProperty(
"injectedMavenHome" ) ) );
in the testcase.

Works fine from the command line.

Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/ (http://osrc.dfm.io/mfriedenhagen)

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Mirko,

On 3/25/15 9:31 PM, Mirko Friedenhagen wrote:
> What I do not understand is, that
> https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/maven-release/261/consoleFull
> is just running fine with Maven 3.0.5. Two wild guesses:
> - it is because we do not use a Jenkins freestyle job but a beloved by
> Stephen ;-) Maven job.

Yes the beloved Maven Job...is used...

> - or maybe something changed with shellshock, where export of
> environment variables did change.

Hm...it's a though worth...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise