Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2014/12/19 00:53:34 UTC

Issue while starting a NodeManager

Hi,
I setup a four node VM cluster for Hadoop 2.2.0 using CentOS. On the machine ( named Monkey) when I am starting the NodeManager I am getting the following error -

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnRuntimeException: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No Route to Host from  monkey/192.168.56.154 to horse:8700 failed on socket timeout exception: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host; For more details see:  http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/NoRouteToHost

I verified the config files and also the communication between the four nodes.
Which configuration file this error would be thrown ? Please advise.

Regards,Raj

RE: Issue while starting a NodeManager

Posted by johny casanova <pc...@outlook.com>.
helo,

can you ping each other ? make sure they are no network issues. Also make sure each other can resolve their DNS/ip with a DNS server or adding them to the /etc/host turn iptables off and try.

Posted by johny casanova <pc...@outlook.com>.
helo,

Posted by johny casanova <pc...@outlook.com>.
helo,