Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net> on 2011/03/07 16:27:15 UTC

[Lucene.Net] ndepend license requirements - apache rules

Does the following violate any of the rules put forth by apache or
give anyone pause?

Hello

We're always happy to sponsor OSS project.
If you could put our Powered by NDepend logo on your OSS project
website we'd be happy to sponsor Apache Lucene.Net.
See the logo for example on this OSS project homepage:
http://fluentvalidation.codeplex.com/

We just need the OSS project leader name, email, postal address +
phone# to emit the license.

P.S. we do have a license for ncover as of yesterday =).

- Michael

Re: [Lucene.Net] ndepend license requirements - apache rules

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-03-07, Michael Herndon wrote:

> Do you think we should pursue asking to clear with fundraising and as
> a whole and go back to NDepend?  There seems to be mention of donation
> of VMWare and other things at the end of the page.

This may be a good idea, yes.  I'll take care of it.

> NCover didn't require this kind of thing. Though having reports on
> cyclomatic complexity and such is generally a nice to have but not a
> need.  It does help with identifying potential pain points.

I agree even though the point is moot as long as you want to provide a
line-by-line translation of the Java version.

> (Not that my personal views are not the only ones, but it seems word
> of mouth from people & developers would have been a more valuable
> request than any kind of logo on a site.  Twitter, blog posts,
> positive developer feedback on a personal level in general versus the
> sponsored by stuff which anyone with enough cash can get put up.)

+1

Stefan

Re: [Lucene.Net] ndepend license requirements - apache rules

Posted by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>.
Thanks for the links and reply Stefan. =)

Do you think we should pursue asking to clear with fundraising and as
a whole and go back to NDepend?  There seems to be mention of donation
of VMWare and other things at the end of the page.

a) Obviously we do not want to violate any rules or laws.
b) I would like to not go down the rabbit hole if this is what it
would turn into. (maybe that are some alternatives?)

Thoughts Stefan, anyone?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.