Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Terry Corbet <tc...@ix.netcom.com> on 2006/11/23 04:56:22 UTC

MetaWeblog API Publishing

I am using the Writely facility from Google to create/edit/publish blog
entries.
After discovering a little documentation glitch [that someone may want to
fix],
by telling Google to use this URL:

http://mysite.com/roller/roller-services/xmlrpc

[The documentation says we should use:
http://mysite.com/roller-services/xmlrpc.]

it works exceptionally well --- except for a killer problem.  The Published
Timestamp
being recorded by the Roller Server -- which was likely sent that way by the
Google
client -- is based on UTC, not based on my local timezone.  So, I initially
could not
find what was published -- until I moved the callendar forward to
tomorrow!!!

I've submitted a problem report to Google, but is it their misuse of the
API, or
Roller misuse of the API?

Thanks.

Re: MetaWeblog API Publishing

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
I'll look into that one. I just ran into a similar problem with Ecto.

- Dave