Posted to issues@maven.apache.org by GlWy <gl...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/02 12:36:19 UTC

maven problem: class file not added in excecutable after compilation

Hi,

I ran into the following issue.
I created a program, capable of reading an identity card from an electronic
card reader. I use maven for dependency management and compilation.
The libraries used for reading the card reader are not from any maven
repository. So I cheated a little bit and added the jar file to the
repository myself
and created a pom file for it too in the repository. I respected the
structure groupId - artifactId - version . It is something like

be.belgium.eid
beid35JavaWrapper-win
3.5
jar

The jar file and a pom file is then to be found on that location.
When I create an executable for this program, the class files for these libs
are not added to the created executable.
questions:
1/ Do I also need to create the .sha1 file for this. If so: how?
2/ What are these .sha1 files
3/ Has anyone written a similar program, but with eid libs from maven? Which
ones?

thanks for any help

Re: maven problem: class file not added in excecutable after compilation

Posted by ML <ma...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

because the Maven Eclipse Plugin version 2.8 has filter issues I use version
2.6 to generate Eclipse .classpath and .project files.

With version 2.6 the order of the .classpath entries does not match the
order the M2Eclipse plugin creates nor the behaviour of the mvn command
line.
The order of the .classpath entries is affected at the following code
locations:

1. org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.writers.EclipseWriterConfig.setDeps(
IdeDependency[] deps) where the array is sorted.
I deleted the line
         Arrays.sort( orderedDeps, depsByArtifactId );

2. org.apache.maven.plugin.ide.AbstractIdeSupportMojo.getProjectArtifacts()
returns a TreeSet. The TreeSet mixes up the order of classpath entries.
I interchanged the TreeSet with a LinkedHashSet.

3. the classpath containers are added at the bottom of the .classpath file.
I want them to stay at the top so JDK classes dominate over older classes in
implicit dependencies. So I created a new parameter for the EclipsePlugin
which specifies where to put the classpath containers: top or bottom of the
.classpath file.
This new parameter is evaluated in Method
org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.writers.EclipseClasspathWriter.write().

Whith this description you should be able to fix this issue on your own.
Otherwise where do I post the patch to? I am new to this issue tracker.

At least 1 and 2 are still issues in version 2.8 of the Maven Eclipse
Plugin. 3 would be a very nice feature.

Regards,
Markus