Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/05 11:53:31 UTC

Please check @POST methods that use @FormParam

Hi all,

Recently messages like

SEVERE: Resource methods utilizing @FormParam and consuming
"multipart/form-data" are no longer supported. See @FormDataParam.

Reappeared during the startup of the Stanbol Full launcher. (see [1]
for an example of the last jenkins build).

IMO this is related to @Post annotated methods that do not define a
@Consume tag.

@Post methods that @Consume("multipart/form-data") need to use
@FormDataParam while @Post methods that
@Consume("application/x-www-form-urlencoded") have to use @FormParam

This implies that @Post annotated methods need to define the @Consume
parameter.

To me it looks as if mainly the CMS Adapter and the Contenthub is
affected. The Enhancer and Entityhub are NOT affected by this.

So please check your JAR-RS resources and make the according
adaptions. Do not forget to create according issues.

best
Rupert

ps. I am already taking care of the other exceptions present in [1]

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/stanbol-trunk-1.6/1258/console

Re: Please check @POST methods that use @FormParam

Posted by Meriç Taze <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I defined the missing @Consume parameter in post methods, but it did not
solve the problem. Then,
I debugged the code, and realized that the following fragments gives the
message you specified 3 times
while registering them to the JerseyApplication:
user-management, owl, entityhub, enhancer, rules, ontonet, contenthub,
cmsadapter,
and reasoners.
AFAIU, it is not a component specific but generic problem. Can be another
cases causing this problem?

Best,
Meric.

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.