Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Hugh Sparks <hu...@csparks.com> on 2011/07/01 14:50:42 UTC

[C3] Build warnings from duplicate javacc-maven-plugin definition

[Cocoon trunk, SVN 1131615]
There are two identical plugin definitions in parent/pom.xml:
        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
          <artifactId>javacc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.6</version>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
          <artifactId>javacc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.6</version>
        </plugin>

Maven complains during the build:

    [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective
model for
        org.apache.cocoon.parent:cocoon-parent:pom:3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT
    [WARNING] 'build.pluginManagement.plugins.plugin.(groupId:artifactId)'
        must be unique but found duplicate declaration of plugin
        org.codehaus.mojo:javacc-maven-plugin @ line 713, column 17
    [WARNING]
    [WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they
        threaten the stability of your build.
    [WARNING]
    [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support
        building such malformed projects.

-Hugh Sparks

Re: [C3] Build warnings from duplicate javacc-maven-plugin definition

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 01/07/2011 14:50, Hugh Sparks wrote:
> [Cocoon trunk, SVN 1131615]
> There are two identical plugin definitions in parent/pom.xml:
> <plugin>
> <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
> <artifactId>javacc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>2.6</version>
> </plugin>
> <plugin>
> <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
> <artifactId>javacc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>2.6</version>
> </plugin>
>
> Maven complains during the build:
>
>    [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective
> model for
>        org.apache.cocoon.parent:cocoon-parent:pom:3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT
>    [WARNING] 'build.pluginManagement.plugins.plugin.(groupId:artifactId)'
>        must be unique but found duplicate declaration of plugin
>        org.codehaus.mojo:javacc-maven-plugin @ line 713, column 17
>    [WARNING]
>    [WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they
>        threaten the stability of your build.
>    [WARNING]
>    [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer
> support
>        building such malformed projects.

I should have corrected most of these warnings right now (revision 1141927).

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/