Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/09/15 22:12:47 UTC

wsdl2java and Aegis

It has been suggested that I proceed from my java2ws Aegis efforts to
the other way around.

This seems to raise some interesting design questions, and I'd be
grateful for feedback.

Packages and namespaces: We need to decide what package to put the items
in, and whether to ever add explicit namespace data to a .aegis.xml
file. It would seem that the usual algorithm should be applied to
namespaces with URLs. Are there cases where a namespace URL can't be
naturally mapped to a package? I suppose that the existing jaxb code
must deal with the same considerations, and so doing whatever it does
makes some sense.

Defaults: It makes some sense to allow the user to say: generate on the
assumption that the Aegis configuration options will be set to a
particular set of values for minOccurs, maxOccurs, nullable. Would we
even consider auto-detecting some pattern here and spitting out a bean
for the options? I'm not enthusiastic.

Flat: If someone would post an explanation of the aegis 'flat' option,
I'd be grateful.

Nasty cases: I suppose that the existing jaxb code does \something/ with
the cases where the mapping is really not obvious, and I'll need to read
it before I get a clue. In particular, the 'extra classes' trick for
derived exceptions gives me a pause.