Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Dennis Hamilton <or...@msn.com> on 2021/02/05 18:46:03 UTC

RE: Repository Organization - Who's got the Monkey?

When I was in XSoft, a relatively small software division in Palo Alto, the project team I was on had one of those tiny wind-up monkey dolls that banged cymbals.   The way things worked, if you had the monkey on your desk, you were the only one to do commits and run the build and tests.  That would be for your changes that were already in the repo and been unit-tested.

The monkey would be passed around.  This was just to have there be no collisions with the pending-release test-build process.

What is happening now to have Francis have the monkey on Taming?  I assume Jean has stepped back, but I'd hate to see anything she had in mind to do be trampled on.

Is there any commitment to have change work happen in the open?  I don't see any forks of the repo, and it is essentially empty at the moment.