Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jim Downing <ji...@pobox.com> on 2001/06/27 18:53:12 UTC

Junit output behaviour

Hi,
I hope this is the appropriate place to post this: -
I've just been using the junit test for the first time, and I couldn't get
the task to write a results file until I included a formatter element to the
task. From the docs it seemed like this wasn't the intended behaviour.
Configuration is : Ant 1.3, junit3.7, jdk1.3,  win98.

For example: -
    <junit haltonfailure="yes" printsummary="yes">
      <classpath>
        <pathelement path="classes"/>
      </classpath>
      <batchtest>
        <fileset dir="classes"
includes="com/paribus/hemlatta/ericgeneric/tests/*Tests.class"/>
      </batchtest>
    </junit>

Wouldn't give me an output file whereas: -

    <junit haltonfailure="yes" printsummary="yes">
      <classpath>
        <pathelement path="classes"/>
      </classpath>
      <formatter type="plain"/>
      <batchtest>
        <fileset dir="classes"
includes="com/paribus/hemlatta/ericgeneric/tests/*Tests.class"/>
      </batchtest>
    </junit>

Would.

jim