Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kent Närling <ke...@seamless.se> on 2008/10/28 15:17:15 UTC

What is "attached" and not?

I have tried to find out what qualifies a result as being "attached" and
not, but cannot find the answer?

More specifically, I am using the rpm-maven-plugin, but simply fail to get
the resulting rpm to be considered "attached" and hence uploaded to the
repository when I release the project...

Is it only beccause the rpm is generated into rpm/RPMS/noarch ?
unfortunately it seems impossible to configure the plugin to put the rpm:s
directly under target...

RE: What is "attached" and not?

Posted by "Okken,Brett" <BO...@CERNER.COM>.
It seems that the rpm plugin was only designed to produce rpms on the local machine and not distribute them to the repository. In my use case, I want rpm to be the primary artifact of the project and have logged an issue[1] with an attached patch for that.

[1] - http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-1249

Brett Okken | MMF Archive | Software Architect | 816.201.6112 | www.cerner.com | bokken@cerner.com

I have tried to find out what qualifies a result as being "attached" and not, but cannot find the answer?

More specifically, I am using the rpm-maven-plugin, but simply fail to get the resulting rpm to be considered "attached" and hence uploaded to the repository when I release the project...

Is it only beccause the rpm is generated into rpm/RPMS/noarch ?
unfortunately it seems impossible to configure the plugin to put the rpm:s directly under target...

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.

RE: What is "attached" and not?

Posted by "Edelson, Justin" <Ju...@mtvstaff.com>.

RE: What is "attached" and not?