Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Andreas Schaefer <sc...@me.com> on 2018/03/17 03:53:40 UTC

Client Side Tests that require a Bundle to be Deployed and Active

Hi

I have a Sling project that needs some client side testing.

Initially I used a package to deploy my dynamic configurations and then I could use io.wcm package deployer which will wait until the package is deployed.
Now I switched to a bundle and I am not able to wait until my bundle is deployed and active before the tests are executed. Right now I am waiting until a certain node from my configuration is created before starting with the tests but this is neither elegant nor reliable.

Is there a way either in Maven or in my Test Case to wait for the bundle to be active?

Currently I setup and start Sling with the slingstart-maven-plugin and then deploy the configuration bundle with the maven-sling-plugin because my configuration depends on other bundles to be active in order to be deployed and putting the bundle in the provisioning model did not work.

Thanks - Andreas Schaefer Sr.

Re: Client Side Tests that require a Bundle to be Deployed and Active

Posted by Andrei Dulvac <du...@apache.org>.
Hi Andreas.

The Sling testing clients should help:
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-testing-clients/tree/master/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/testing/clients/osgi

There is also a Polling class which you can  use to wrap the OSGi classes
in the client's:
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-testing-clients/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/testing/clients/util/poller/Polling.java

Hope this helps.

Andrei