Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Chandresh Turakhia <ch...@bhartitelesoft.com> on 2006/02/20 11:21:46 UTC

RE: Suggestion on JSR 283.

Dear David ,

Jlibrary has done some nice work modelling nodes which basic applications need.

http://jlibrary.sourceforge.net/6/hierarchy.html .JLibrary is Open Source DMS using Eclipse RCP by Martin.

Even exo has done some decent work - Creating standard services like templating based on JSF+Velocity which most CMS need * use internally.Nice to have something that goes as standard sample repositories. So that it facilitates easy integration of various CMS.

JSR 283 Extract :

- Improvement of content repository interoperability through the addition of new standardized node types , including node types for meta information and internationalization

Idea is to have standard nodes for DRM , MPEG 7 DDLs, MPEG 21 files.

Standard property1 : AdaptableRenderer

             property2 : AdaptablePersister

            property3 : AdaptableQuery

WORK DONE ON OUR SIDE : Most of these come as XSD files. Create Node for each and store using XMLBeans or Hibernate 3 . Hibernate3 is ORXM tool. It is XML mapping tool too.

Mr Leonardo from Chiarglione seems to be doing some great work in this area. (http://www.dmpf.org/).

Idea is when standard node is getting processed, rendering engine ( may be OpenLazzlo) checks for the property and uses it to create appropriate display. IDEA inspired by WSRP. Data stored info as to how to render itself in Portal frameworks.

And use Persister property to get best of RDBMS (e.g Oracle Intermedia features ). Depending upon the content type ( Custom Node ) , different persistance mechanism can be usitilized.Joseph from Oracle could be of good help.Exo Uses Hibernate and it can be this task easy. :)

EXO uses hibernate , so I think it should be easy to do. Benjabin should be able to guide.

Of the track, but Something really interesting from Dr. Peiya Liu of Siemens Research to read

http://www.idealliance.org/papers/xmle02/dx_xmle02/papers/03-02-01/03-02-01.html e.g. MMDOC-QL for specifying MPEG-7 XML document queries. An example of query is in the form of "finding all video object ids and show up time over a particular area".

Basically somehow the idea goes against the principle of JSR 170 as I understand to NORMALIZE the datastructure, to use the best features.

Architecturally , When the XQuery based application finds the document of certain type, application uses SubClassed Renderer,Query Engine.

Regards

Chand Turakhia