Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Malin Ljungh <ma...@kvadrat.se> on 2006/06/16 21:32:07 UTC

Input dates validator

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and just too tired think right now. Please help me :)

I have a form with two TextFields where the user should enter somes dates. I
use the date validator to check that correct dates are supplied.
Though, I need to check that date2 < date1 - how can I do this? Can I use
the minDate and give the other date value as parameter? Hmm, I guess not? I
suppose I need to write my own ValidationDelegeate... is this the right way
to go?

Regards,
Malin

RE: Input dates validator

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
Hi,
The Calendar class in Java has a ".before" test.  And a ".after" check.  I don't know if there is a "date validator".

hth,

Mark

Re: Input dates validator

Posted by Malin Ljungh <ma...@kvadrat.se>.
Paul! I've got so much useful help her that my brain is now totally
atrophied - you'll just have to help me a little bit more :)

My app is actually localized - I have the "sv" (Swedish) and the "en"
locales. Thus, I would like yyyy-mm-dd in the sv-case and something else (is
it mm/dd/yyyy?) in the en-case.
Maybe I could make a getLocalizedDatePattern() in my basepage class and do

<bean name="dateTranslator" class="
org.apache.tapestry.form.translator.DateTranslator">
     <set name="pattern" value="localizedDatePattern"/></bean>

Would that work? Or is it a better way?

Malin

Re: Input dates validator

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.

Re: Input dates validator

Posted by Malin Ljungh <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Paul.

Re: Input dates validator

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.

Re: Input dates validator

Posted by Malin Ljungh <ma...@kvadrat.se>.
Thank you Bryan!!!

Re: Input dates validator

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.

Re: Input dates validator

Posted by Malin Ljungh <ma...@kvadrat.se>.
Hi again!

My mistake!

Yes, I did the translator binding but I forgot to change the datatype from
String to Date in my page-class.
I works!!!
Thanks a lot guys, especially Paul, it would have taken me weeks to come up
with this.

Two issues left:
 - How do I apply the required validator to the Date2?
 - My date translator does not seem to be localized... do I need to do
something to get that?

Malin

Re: Input dates validator

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.