Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/24 09:08:31 UTC

ldap authentication in subversion

Hi All,

We are using subversion I just waneted to check can we use windows domain
controller for authentication. what i need is they should login
to subversion using their windows username and password.
After some investigation, i found that we can use ldap authentication
mechanism so i did following configuration in apache's http.conf file.

*<Location "/svn">*

*DAV svn*

*AuthBasicProvider ldap*

*AuthType Basic*

*AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off*

*AuthName "My svn server "*

*AuthLDAPURL "ldap://
exfo.com:389/DC=exfo,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)" NONE*

*AuthLDAPBindDN "irfan.sayed@exfo.com"*

*AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=apache,CN=Users,DC=exfo,DC=com"*

*AuthLDAPBindPassword hi*

*require ldap-user irfsay1*

*</Location>*

but still it is not getting through.
please please suggest/help

Regards
Irf

Re: ldap authentication in subversion

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, Irfan Sayed!

>> We are using subversion I just waneted to check can we use windows domain
>> controller for authentication. what i need is they should login
>> to subversion using their windows username and password.

> Try mod_auth_sspi

Sorry, disregard my post. It only works if you're hosting your repository from
windows station.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

Re: ldap authentication in subversion

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, Irfan Sayed!

> We are using subversion I just waneted to check can we use windows domain
> controller for authentication. what i need is they should login
> to subversion using their windows username and password.

Try mod_auth_sspi
http://www.nosq.com/blog/2008/06/fixing-mod_auth_sspi-and-ie-losing-post-data/
Not that svn works transparently with SSPI, like CVSNT does, but it works.
I have it set to authenticate against local user database, but setting it to
auth against domain, even couple of domains, isn't hard.

Here's my config, you could use it as starting point:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName svn.mydomain.local

    DocumentRoot "C:/home/svn"
    AddDefaultCharset utf-8

    ErrorLog "C:/home/svn/.log/error_log"
    CustomLog "C:/home/svn/.log/access_log" common env=!SVN-ACTION
    CustomLog "C:/home/svn/.log/svn_access_log" svn env=SVN-ACTION

    <IfModule rewrite_module>
        RewriteLog "C:/home/svn/.log/rewrite_log"
        RewriteLogLevel 0

        RewriteEngine On

        # Necessary precaution
        RewriteRule "^/\..*" - [forbidden,last]

        # Important fix for http://host/repos redirect bug
        RewriteCond "%{REQUEST_METHOD}" !"^(GET|POST|HEAD)$"
        RewriteCond "%{REQUEST_FILENAME}" "^/([^/\.]+)$"
        RewriteCond "C:/home/svn/%1" -d
        RewriteRule "^/([^/\.]+)$" "/$1/" [passthrough]
    </IfModule>

    <Location "/">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from 192.168.1.10

        <IfModule dav_svn_module>
            DAV svn
            SVNParentPath "C:/home/svn"
        </IfModule>

        <IfModule sspi_auth_module>
            Allow from all

            AuthName "Subversion repository"
            AuthType SSPI
            SSPIAuth On
            SSPIAuthoritative On
            SSPIOfferBasic On
            SSPIOmitDomain On
            SSPIUsernameCase lower
            SSPIBasicPreferred On

            # only developers may access the repository
            Require group "HOSTNAME\CVS"

            # And they should obey to SVN user permissions file
            <IfModule authz_svn_module>
                AuthzSVNAccessFile "C:/home/svn/.registry"
            </IfModule>
        </IfModule>
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Re: Re: ldap authentication in subversion

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
i tried with space and without space but still it is not working...
i verified with the IT dept. and they said that we have disabled the ldap
based authentication

so now, i think i need to use NTLM based apache unix authentication
did somebody use that?? any feedback???
Regards
Irf

Posted by Carlos Beppler <be...@gmail.com>.
Just for check.

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
I really thankful to all for such a nice help.
really appreciate.
i will investigate further and let you know result

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jo...@uz.kuleuven.ac.be>.

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Carlos Beppler <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tyler Roscoe <ty...@cryptio.net>.

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
Please please advice

Regards
Irf

Posted by Carlos Beppler <be...@gmail.com>.
Your AuthLDAPBindDN is wrong. It could be:

AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=irfsay1,CN=Users,DC=exfo,DC=com"

Or

AuthLDAPBindDN "irfsay1@exfo.com"

Posted by Carlos Beppler <be...@gmail.com>.
Another tip. If you are only using user accounts. Your AuthLDAPURL can
be rewritten to this:

AuthLDAPURL "ldap://exfo.com:389/DC=exfo.com?sAMAccountName?sub?(&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person))"

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
it seems that some issues are resolved. here is the update.
now my httpd.conf file looks as
<Location "/svn">
        DAV svn
        SVNParentPath /usr/local/svn
        SVNListParentPath On
        SVNAutoversioning On
        AuthBasicProvider ldap
        AuthType Basic
        AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
        AuthName "My "
        AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://exfo.com:389/DC=exfo.com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)"
        AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=irfsay1,CN=Users,DC=exfo.com"
        AuthLDAPBindPassword jaba_1234
        AuthzSVNAccessFile /etc/subversion/acl
 #      require ldap-group CN=irfsay1,CN=Users,DC=exfo.com
        require valid-user
</location>

and now i am getting error like "password mismatch"
here are some error lines in log file.

[Fri Apr 24 21:14:34 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) DAV/2
SVN/1.5.4 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Fri Apr 24 21:14:49 2009] [warn] [client 10.192.3.58] [8432]
auth_ldap authenticate: user irfsay1 authentication failed; URI
/svn/projects [LDAP: ldap_simple_bind_s() failed][Invalid credentials]
[Fri Apr 24 21:14:49 2009] [error] [client 10.192.3.58] user irfsay1:
authentication failure for "/svn/projects": Password Mismatch
[Fri Apr 24 21:14:58 2009] [error] [client 10.192.3.58] File does not
exist: /var/www/html/favicon.ico
[root@svntest1 conf]#

but i am typing correct password
please please  advice

Regards
irf

On 4/24/09, Johan Corveleyn <jo...@uz.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
> Well, since you specified the AuthLDAPURL as
> "ldap://sppufls01.exfo.com:389/...", your Apache (or more specifically the
> mod_authnz_ldap module) will have to make connections to this url. This
> means that, yes, your LDAP server must be accessible from the Apache (SVN)
> server through port 389.
>
> To troubleshoot this, try executing a "telnet sppufls01.exfo.com 389" on the
> command line of your Apache (SVN) server. If the connection is refused, you
> know you've got a network problem to solve first (either make the LDAP
> server listen on that port, or check any firewalls that are in between the
> svn server and the LDAP server).
>
> Regards,
> Johan

As a workaround we made a symlink from /usr/local/apache2/lib/apr-util-1 to <location of apach2 lib>/apr-util-1. That solved the problem.

Regards,
Johan

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,